- Date Posted
January 3, 2018
Responsible for the sale of food industry specific products within North America and supporting the sales team with the selection and development of the following accounts; Distributor, Original Equipment Manufacturer (O.E.M), Engineering/Consultant, and End-Users related to the industry specific products.
Territories include MN, IA, WI, ND, SD, NE
Position could be located anywhere in territory but preferred in MN, IA, or WI
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel the assigned territory on a "one week out, one week in" basis. Typical "out" week includes 12-16 scheduled appointments from Monday through Friday, or as required due to customer needs. "In" weeks are used to do "call reports", follow-up on previous weeks' calls, quotation follow-up, making local sales calls (2-3 days) and preparing next weeks’ itinerary.
- Domestic Travel 50% of the time requiring the ability to drive and/or fly for extended periods.
- Responsibilities relative to each assigned customer account includes sales growth, profit margins, quotation follow-up, product training, and frequent personal visits (3-4 on top 20% and targeted accounts).
- Establish good communications and working rapport with your inside contact to insure a high level of customer service is delivered to all assigned accounts.
- Submit all required reports and expenses within the required guidelines and time frame to the Global Sales Manager including:
- Weekly travel itineraries via Lotus Notes due weekly.
- Call reports kept current on a weekly basis.
- Understand food division products and the mechanical applications in which they are used.
- Proficiently use computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and e-mail.
- Apply verbal and written communication skills to internal and external customers.
- Continually exhibit the qualities of trustworthiness, a strong work ethic, and positive attitude.
- Manage and organize own work while remaining a "team player."
- Continually participate in additional training related to the job.
- Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
- Regular, consistent attendance, being available to deal with daily issues during normal business hours, odd or extra hours will be required as needed.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training, Certifications, Licenses
Valid state driver’s license